Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Pacific Cruise

Army was invited to go with Jerrine and her husband Brian to L.A. California for a fun filled weekend cruise aboard the Royal Caribbean’s “Mariner of the Seas.” Royal Caribbean repositioned this beautiful ship from the Caribbean to the West Coast. Army was a special guest on the West Coast inaugural voyage.

We departed the Salt lake airport right after work on Thursday, Feb. 19, 2009.

The flight was short and uneventful





. On the shuttle bus from the L.A. airport to the rental car, THEY THOUGHT I WAS LUGGAGE!!
Once we arrived at our hotel – The Double Tree – at the Marina at San Pedro, all was forgiven~~

I was finally treated like the royalty I am!!








After a great night sleep the sightseeing began. The marina was just steps from our hotel.
We drove along the Pacific Coast stopping at a scenic point near Palace Verde….Next we saw some beautiful sights at San Pedro~~~~
BOY! I wanted to surf, but Jerrine said that I would sink like a rock - - and wouldn’t let me in the water!!!





Finally, it was time to head for the ship. 3500 guests and 1200 crew members it’s like an “army”… J


We breezed right on to the ship, being a VIP (Very important Purse), they didn’t even check my I.D. The Bon Voyage party was all ready in full swing. Everyone was nice and friendly…
My new friend, Ray, tried to share his drink but it wasn’t my Diet Coke, so I declined.

Soon it was time for our Muster drill to make sure the less traveled would know what to do in an emergency!



After that I was ready to hit the high seas. I explored the ship and the many wonderful things to do.
I tried my paws at rock climbing with my friend from Brazil; he was so happy that I was on board. I make him think of home. He said, that there are many armadillos in Brazil. He let me rock climb before any of the others!


I slept in late and then started off the day with milk shakes at Johnny Rockets. There was a sexy leg contest, sorry, I forgot my camera for that one, and that was followed by a belly flop contest! Tons of fun!




That evening we watched it rain as we sipped diet Coke in the Crown Lounge at the top of the ship. After disembarking we still had a bit more time for sightseeing before our flight home. It happened to be the night of the Academy Awards so we headed to Hollywood Blvd. Jerrine was afraid that the paparazzi would mob us if I made an appearance so I had to hide in the trunk of the car while they got the last pictures of our fun trip.
Oscar is just behind Jerrine’s head, but she was much more excited about the poster, as she and her daughters do love to shop!!
I Love Bob Hope!! And yes! We were right there at the OCARS! There were hordes of people. The area you see is a secure area, only a few people were allowed in. You had to go through security and get wanded and searched before you entered. There were police and swat teams and even a bomb squad there!!!
All in all we had a fantastic weekend!!

Jerrine had a lot more fun on the trip that we didn't even have room enough to put all of her pictures in this blog.

Stay turned Army just got back from Arizona with Pearl, and you will really want to see that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment